Smoked Catfish & Crawfish Terrine
This Crawfish Terrine looks like a very complicated gourmet dish. But this appetizer is actually very easy to make. You simply need to smoke the catfish, then combine it with all of the other ingredients, and then pour the mixture into a loaf pan. The smoked catfish and crawfish taste exceptional together.
So what is a terrine?
Terrine is very similar to a pate, but the ingredients are chopped more coarsely. Serve crawfish terrine chilled, or at room temperature with french bread. Such an easy recipe that will be sure to have your dinner guests impressed.
In this terrine recipe we are using smoked catfish filets and crawfish for a very delicate flavor. If you have never created a terrine, this is a great terrine recipe to start with. You may want to try this recipe in the future with an alternative ingredient to the smoked catfish in the future.
A terrine is always an impressive sight, whether you are using fish, seafood, poultry, meat, vegetables, or a combination of these ingredients to make it. Some terrines are layered but Crawfish Terrine is made by coarsely chopping all of the ingredients together and blending them.
- 4 (5-7 Ounce) Smoked Catfish Fillets
- 1 Cup of Cooked Crawfish Tails
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoons of Diced Garlic
- 1/4 of a Cup of Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 of a Cup of Diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 an Oz. of Sherry Wine
- 1 Tablespoon ofWorcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Louisiana Gold Pepper Sauce to taste
- 2 Packages of Unflavored Gelatin, Dissolved In 1/4 of a Cup of Cold Water
- Coarsely chop the smoked catfish and the crawfish.
- Place in a 2 quart mixing bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, blending well to incorporate seasonings into the mixture.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a terrine mold.
- Place into the refrigerator, covered, overnight.
- When serving, remove from mold and garnish with French bread or garlic croutons.
- To enhance the presentation of the terrine, you may wish to color two cups of mayonnaise, one with red food coloring and one with green.
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe colored mayonnaise around the base of the terrine.
- You may also wish to garnish the top of the terrine with a small amount of the colored mayonnaise and a fresh tomato rose.
NOTE: You may substitute shrimp, lobster, or crab for the catfish.
Serving Smoked Catfish & Crawfish Terrine
Serve chilled or at room temperature with French bread, this makes a beautiful appetizer. If you wish to serve wine with this, choose a dry white wine to complement the seafood flavors. This Crawfish Terrine recipe is ideal for any dinner party.