Smoked Andouille and Louisiana Crawfish over Pasta
Everyone loves a good bowl of pasta, and even more so when it is covered in seafood or sausage. Why not have both? Smoked Andouille and Crawfish over Pasta makes a great meal. The crawfish and andouille sausage create a flavorful blend that tingle the taste buds, and provide a delectable dish.
Crawfish over Pasta Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sliced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of minced shallots
- 1 teaspoons of chile flakes
- 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped sage
- 1/4 of a cup of chopped Andouille sausage
- 1/2 of a cup of Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/4 of a cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 of a cup of smoked tomato puree
- 1/4 of a cup of heavy cream
- 5 cups of Farfalle (bowtie pasta), cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Crawfish over Pasta Instructions:
- Heat the olive oil in a saute skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots, chile flakes, sage, Andouille and crawfish tails.
- Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and cook until it begins to bubble.
- Add the tomato puree and cream.
- Stir while bringing to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, allow the sauce to thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl. Add the pasta and butter; toss until butter is incorporated.
- Serve the pasta on a plate and cover with the crawfish sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Note: Plain tomato puree may be used in Crawfish over Pasta if smoked is not available.