Shrimp and Crawfish Croquette
Have you ever had a croquette? If not, make these Cajun Crawfish Croquettes immediately! Shrimp and Crawfish Croquette with Creamy Salsa Verde is a very satisfying meal. A scrumptious blend of shrimp, and crawfish covered in a creamy sauce.
Shrimp and Crawfish Croquette Ingredients:
- 3 pounds of cooked and diced ham
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 diced red bell peppers
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 a cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 a cup of chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- 1/2 a cup of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 a teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of Slap Ya Mama Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 a cup of crawfish tails
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 a cup of cooked small shrimp
- 1/4 a cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 a cup of flour
- 4 eggs
- Cooking oil
Creamy Salsa Verde
- 1/4 of a cup of cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 of a cup of parsley
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 squeezed lime
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Shrimp and Crawfish Croquette Instructions:
- Sauté with a little olive oil ham, onions, peppers, garlic, and tomato paste in a pan until onions and peppers are soft.
- Add chopped parsley, cilantro, spices, salt and pepper, and cream.
- Sprinkle in flour.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a food processor mix ham mixture until completely blended.
- Pour in heavy cream.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the shrimp or crawfish tails.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a deep dish bowl; set aside.
- In another deep dish pan whisk the eggs.
- Using a large spoon, form ham and crawfish mixture into croquettes.
- Gently dip each croquette in the egg bath then the bread crumb mixture
- place on a baking sheet
- refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight or freeze for use a few days later.
- Prior to serving, fry until golden brown in a deep fryer or a deep cast-iron pot with canola or peanut oil.
Creamy Salsa Verde
- In a food processor pulse a handful of cilantro and parsley.
- Add garlic clove. Pulse. Add juice of of squeezed lime, Pulse.
- Add the olive oil a little bit at a time and lightly mix.
- Remove sauce from the food processor and add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with the croquettes.
Shrimp and Crawfish Croquette has a unique taste, and blends the taste of the seafood with fantastically. Just in time for your Mardi Gras party!