Crawfish and Cheesecake, not two foods that I would ever think of combining. But once you try this delicious Crawfish Cheesecake, you will be hooked. This is a recipe served in New Orleans restaurants. This recipe is totally out of this world and far better than you can imagine!
- 1/2 a cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz of melted butter
- 2 pounds of softened cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 of a cup of cream
- 1 cup of smoked grated Gouda cheese
- ½ a cup of diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup of diced onions
- ½ a cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound of diced alligator sausage
- ½ a cup of diced green pepper
- ¼ of a cup of diced green chili pepper
- 1 pound of Crawfish tail meat
- 2 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of Chipotle chili powder
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 lemon
Crawfish Cheesecake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the bread crumbs and cheese; add butter and press into a 10" springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F oven to set the crust.
- After you remove the crust from the oven, preheat the oven to 450°F.
- While the crust is setting, whisk the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Add the eggs and continue to whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and the Gouda cheese.
- Set aside.
- Sauté the veggies with spices until soft.
- Add the crawfish tails, alligator sausage, chili pepper, and cook until the tails start to darken.
- Knead the veggie-tail-sausage into the cream cheese mixture.
- Zest lemon and use juice.
- Wrap foil around the pan to prevent leakage and fill the pan with the mixture.
- Cover top and bottom of pan in case of leakage - add vent holes
- Bake in water bath in a 450°F oven for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Remove when an inserted knife comes out clean and the filling is set.
- Cool the cake to room temperature, and then refrigerate until cold.
- Remove from spring mold.
- Cut the cheesecake into 12 pieces.
If you are brave enough to try this Crawfish Cheesecake New Orleans Recipe, we would love to hear your comments.