Jazz Fest Crawfish Bread Recipe
If you have ever visited New Orleans for Jazzfest, you know that the line for this Cajun treat is always the longest. Now you can make it at home. This is a great recipe to make when crawfish are in season, or even when they are not. Whip the crawfish up into a rich cajun concoction and add some French Bread? Crawfish Bread is a decadent snack that's great as an appetizer or snack.
Crawfish Bread Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 a cup of finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Emeril’s Original Essence
- 1 pound cooked Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (add more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Helman's tastes best)
- 1 teaspoon Creole mustard, or other whole grain spicy mustard
- 4 ounces grated Provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 ounces grated white Cheddar cheese
- Two 15 inch loaves of soft French bread
So now that we have the ingredients let's get to cooking. These cooking directions are simple and easy. But if you have any questions or problems when cooking, feel free to comment and we will do our best to help.
Jazzfest Crawfish Bread Directions
- Before you start preheat oven to 350°F.
- Start by melting the butter over a medium heat in a large skillet.
- When the butter is hot, add onion, celery, and bell pepper.
- Stir occasionally, until the vegetables have wilted (this usually takes about five minutes).
- Add the garlic, thyme, 1 teaspoon of Emeril’s Original Essence and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the crawfish tails, salt, and remaining Emeril’s Original Essence and cook, stirring, until the crawfish have warmed through and released any liquid and the liquid has evaporated (this generally takes about three minutes).
- Stir in the green onions and set aside to cool.
- When the crawfish have cooled, stir in the mayonnaise, Creole mustard, and the cheeses until well-combined. (Taste and adjust the seasoning to taste.)
- Cut the 2 loaves of french bread nearly in half lengthwise.
- Divide the crawfish filling evenly among the bottom portion of the two loaves of bread.
- Fold the top portion of bread back over the stuffing like a poboy.
- Then wrap each loaf tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place the french bread concoctions on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the filling is heated through and the cheese is melted (usually about 25 to 30 minutes).
- Slice the Crawfish Bread into desired size portions and serve hot.
Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Crawfish Bread Jazz Fest is a delicious treat that you can serve anytime for your family, or friends. Give them all a taste of New Orleans.
Save to Pinterest For Later:
Note: Stuffed loaves of Bread may be cooked halfway, cooled, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, and frozen. To finish, bring to room temperature, unwrap, and complete baking to serve.
There are a few Crawfish Bread Recipes on the internet, but this is the best Recipe for Crawfish Bread. This is an easy crawfish bread recipe. Whether you are looking for Jerry's crawfish bread, Copeland's Crawfish Bread Recipe, or Paula Deen Crawfish Bread. This Jazz Fest stuffed crawfish bread New Orleans restaurant recipe is a hit.