Crawfish Alfredo Bake
Crawfish Alfredo is Crawfish tossed in an easy from scratch alfredo sauce, cooked penne and baked until you have cheesy cajun goodness.
- 10 oz. penne
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. medium or large crawfish tails
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
Crawfish Alfredo Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add garlic, crawfish, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Season with salt Cook until crawfish is pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer crawfish to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, then add flour and whisk until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return crawfish to skillet.
- Add tomatoes and cooked penne and toss until combined. (Add more milk if mixture is too thick.)
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan and bake until melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Broil 2 to 3 more minutes until top is golden (watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!).
- Garnish with remaining tablespoon parsley and serve.
You are in for a treat if you like seafood, and cheese. This Crawfish Alfredo Bake is so flavorful and creamy, that your family will be begging for more. Don't forget to give us some feedback on this .