Cajun Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers - Crawfish Stuffed Bell Peppers
Crawfish season is almost here again! With so many delicious recipes to choose from, what should you make with leftover crawfish? There’s crawfish pie, crawfish étouffée, and many more. But Crawfish Stuffed Bell Peppers are a must try dish.
Live Crawfish signs will start to pop up in early spring and restaurants can hardly open their doors before selling out when boiled crawfish are featured on the menu.
This Crawfish Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe, picks up many of those classic Creole Cajun flavors we’ve all come to know and love. Crawfish and spicy sausage star in this casserole which also features the holy trinity of Creole and Cajun cooking: bell pepper, onion, and celery.
You can serve Crawfish Stuffed Bell Peppers as a main dish along with a green salad. You can serve the crawfish stuffing as the filling for stuffed bell peppers, as in this recipe. The stuffing would also be great as a stuffing for zucchini or eggplant.
Crawfish Stuffed Peppers
Cajun Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers with Crawfish
- 6 large bell peppers, tops and seeds removed (save tops)
- 1/2 a pound of ground hot Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked white Rice
- 1/2 a pound of ground beef
- 1/4 a cup each: chopped green, yellow, and red bell peppers
- 1/2 a cup of chopped onions
- 1/4 a cup of celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 a pound of blue crab meat
- 1 large clove of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Creole seasoning
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon of smoked ground chipotle
- 12 ounces of thawed, fully cooked, peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 can condensed cream of celery soup
Crawfish Stuffed Bell Peppers Directions
- Parboil the peppers by bringing a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add topped and seeded peppers and their tops to boiling water and parboil about 3 minutes.
- Drain and remove to a layer of paper towels until ready to stuff.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and Italian sausage over high heat; drain excess fat and return meat to the skillet.
- Add onions, peppers and celery.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Stir in minced garlic and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add meat and all vegetables with the Creole seasoning, sea salt, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke, and the ground chipotle.
- Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Stir in cream of celery soup
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 12 minutes until soup begins to thicken.
- Add crawfish tails and crab meat to filling mixture with rice, stirring well to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes before filling the bell peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/8-inch of hot water in a baking dish large enough to hold peppers.
- Stuff the bell peppers with rice mixture and place in baking dish.
- Top with the bell pepper tops.
- Bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated throughout, approximately 30 minutes.
- Gently remove tops about 10 minutes before bell peppers are finished to allow rice to firm and lightly brown.
- Place the bell pepper tops back on to serve.
Allow bell peppers to rest 10 minutes prior to serving.
These Crawfish Stuffed Bell Peppers will be so flavorful that your guests will be asking for the recipe.