Crawfish Spaghetti Recipe
It's Louisiana crawfish season once again, and sharing leftover crawfish recipes is one of the things that we like to do at Crawfish.com. Spaghetti With Crawfish and Red Sauce is one of our great crawfish tail meat recipes. This is crawfish time and this is made with left over crawfish tails. A rich tomato sauce, spicy and served over noodles. Let's make some Crawfish Spaghetti.
Crawfish Spaghetti Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 1/2 a cup of white wine
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1 large chopped bell pepper
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 28 ounce can of tomato puree
- 1/2 a cup of chicken stock
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cane syrup
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt to taste
- A dash of hot sauce to taste
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Creole seasoning to taste
- 1 16 ounce can of tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 pounds of pre cooked and peeled crawfish tails, with fat
- 1 pound of spaghetti
Crawfish Spaghetti Instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, chicken stock, wine and cane syrup.
- Season with salt, pepper, Creole seasoning and hot sauce, to taste (The measurements listed are only suggestions).
- Simmer and stir every so often for about 30 minutes.
- Add the crawfish tail meat, crawfish fat and juices, and chopped parsley, and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the spaghetti.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the sauce, and toss.
- Serve dusted with grated Parmesan over the top.
This seafood pasta is one of the best tasting, and most flavorful that we have ever tried. Crawfish Pasta is best served hot, with a side salad and freshly baked garlic bread. Crawfish Spaghetti is such a great way to use the leftover crawfish from a boil.