Crawfish Pizza New Orleans
Are you a fan of seafood pizzas? Have you ever tried one? Crawfish Pizza is a unique and delicious way to serve mudbugs. Everything is better with Crawfish.
- 1 large pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 pound of Louisiana crawfish tails
- salt to taste
- diced tomatoes
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound of freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 of a cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano leaves
Crawfish Pizza Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly oil the baking sheet.
- Place the pizza crust on the prepared pan, then spread it evenly with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the oil.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the green onions, and the crawfish tails.
- Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Spread the crawfish mixture over the tomato sauce.
- Top with cheeses and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with oregano leaves.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the sauce bubbles for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
You can optionally add andouille Sausage to this crawfish pizza. Simply cut the andouille sausage up into your desired shape (either slices or diced). Fry the sausage in a pan with the crawfish tails and green onions. Please feel free to share your experience with this recipe, and help us to improve it.