Crawfish Omelet Recipe
Crawfish Omelet is an easy to make delicious dish. Perfect for enjoying the leftovers from yesterdays crawfish boil.
Crawfish Omelet Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3-4 drops of Louisiana hot sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crawfish tail meat
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Crawfish Omelet Directions:
- Combine the water, hot sauce, and eggs in a small bowl.
- Whisk thoroughly to blend.
- Combine the crawfish tails, sour cream, cayenne, and salt in a separate small bowl.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a non-stick pan.
- Add in the celery and the mushrooms.
- Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let set slightly.
- Tilt the pan and gently lift the edge of the omelet so any uncooked egg can run underneath.
- Let set for about 1 minute.
- Flip the omelet and spoon the crawfish mixture on top.
- Fold the omelet in half and then plate.
- Sprinkle cheese and chives on top and cut the omelet in half.
This Crawfish Omelet makes a delicious option for breakfast. It is hearty, quick, and oh so tasty. Breakfast doesn't have to be boring and bland, make breakfast fun again.