Jazz Fest Crawfish Monica Recipe
Mardi Gras has arrived, and is almost over. But Jazz Fest is right around the corner. Thankfully both of these New Orleans seasons share their time on the calendar with Crawfish Season. So with that in mind, we have decided to share one of the best Jazz Fest recipes with you. Crawfish Monica is one of the best Jazz Fest Foods served.
Crawfish Monica Ingredients
- 1 pint of half-and-half
- 3/4 of a cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 5 chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup of butter
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 of a bunch of parsley
- 1 pound of crawfish tails with fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Tony Chachere's to taste
- 1 pound Rotini (You can substitute Fettuccine)
Crawfish Monica Directions
- Cook pasta according the the directions on the package.
- Drain, then rinse under cool water and drain again thoroughly.
- Melt butter in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Saute onions, garlic, and parsley for about 3 minutes.
- Add the crawfish and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Combine half-and-half and cream in the pot and reduce to medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings and reduce heat to low and stir until the sauce thickens and becomes a little creamy.
- In a large bowl toss cooked pasta and sauce.
- Return to pot and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with french bread or garlic bread. Pairs nicely with a dry white wine.
Crawfish Monica is one of the best dishes that became famous at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. If you can't make it to Jazz Fest 2017, at least you can make this Jazz Fest recipe in your own kitchen. Laissez les bons temps rouler at your house.