Crawfish Dip Recipe
If you have never had crawfish dip, you do not know what you are missing. This is one of the most tasty dips around. Cook and serve this dip in a slow cooker to keep it warm. One of our favorite crawfish tail meat recipes. It makes a great dish for a Superbowl party!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 a cup of diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1/2 a cup of diced celery
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 diced jalapeno chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 pound of peeled crawfish tails
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 cups of grated extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 a cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of hot sauce
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices
Crawfish Dip Instructions
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, jalapeño pepper, salt, and black pepper
- Cook for about 6 minutes until the vegetables begin to wilt.
- Add the paprika and cayenne pepper
- Continue cooking for about 2 more minutes.
- Place the crawfish tails, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and cream in a slow cooker.
- Stir in the vegetable mixture, Creole mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to WARM.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley
- Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Enjoy your new favorite Crawfish Dip recipe.