Crawfish Cornbread Recipe
This simple Cajun dish is really a meal in itself! Many people serve Crawfish cornbread as a side, but it is so filling and tasty that it can be served as a main course.
Crawfish Cornbread Ingredients
- 1 pound of precooked crawfish tails
- a large can of cream style corn (You can optionally use a drained can of whole kernel corn instead of the cream style corn)
- 1 pound of grated cheddar cheese
- 3 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 large chopped onion
- 8 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 a cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 a cup of chopped bell pepper
- 3 slightly beaten large eggs
- 1 tsp of Creole Seasonings
- 3⁄4 cup of chopped green onion
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 packages of Cajun Injector Hushpuppy Cornbread Mix
Crawfish Cornbread Directions
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onions and bell pepper in a little butter, cooking until the onions are slightly transparent.
- Add the jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients, except for crawfish.
- Add the onions and peppers to the mixture.
- Then add the crawfish tails. (I recommend that you season the precooked crawfish tails with some Old Bay seasoning before they are added to the batter.)
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
Homemade Old Bay Seasoning Recipe in case you do not have access to it in a local store.
- 1 tablespoon of celery salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch of ground dry mustard
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground allspice
- a pinch of ground cloves
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
Crawfish cornbread is an easy simple meal. Just follow the directions in the recipe above, and you will have a great side or meal with very little prep time.