Crawfish Bread PoBoy
One of our most popular crawfish recipes is Jazz Fest Crawfish Bread. This Crawfish Bread PoBoy is a slight change from the Jazz Fest version of this recipe.
Crawfish Bread PoBoy Ingredients:
- 2 cups of peeled crawfish tails with fat
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1/2 of a cup of diced onions
- 1/4 of a cup of diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 of a cup of diced celery
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/3 of a cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 of a cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/3 of a cup of Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 a stick of butter
Crawfish Bread PoBoy Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the French bread lengthwise in half and scoop out the inside of the loaf.
- Set the French Bread aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté the crawfish tails, onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic for about 15 minutes.
- Blend in the dry mustard, hot sauce, and mayonnaise.
- Add the cheeses and stir until all of the cheese is melted.
- Spread the crawfish mixture into both sides of the hollowed out french bread.
- Put the 2 halves of french bread back together.
- Butter the top of the loaf.
- Wrap the whole loaf in foil.
- Bake at 350°F in oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut bread into slices and serve hot.
This Crawfish Bread Sandwich, known in New Orleans as a Crawfish Bread PoBoy, creates a flavorful seafood explosion in your mouth. People stand in line at Jazz Fest for just a taste of Crawfish Bread, and now you can create this poboy in your own kitchen.