Crawfish Andouille Macaroni Salad
Today’s interesting crawfish recipe comes from a surprisingly local source with a mix of Italian flavor. Not uncommon in many Cajun recipes, as it relates to seasoning and sausage...but Macaroni? That's a new one to us too. If y’all try it out, let us know what you think! How this recipe ever came about has yet to be learned, but Crawfish Andouille Macaroni Salad sure looks good "mais yeah!?"
Crawfish Andouille Macaroni Salad with Whole-Grain Mustard Vinaigrette
This is a 3 step recipe. To create a scrumptious Crawfish Andouille Macaroni Salad, follow the directions below. This is a simple and easy crawfish recipe.
- 3 quarts of water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 6 bottles of beer (12 ounces each)
- 16 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Add water, beer, and salt to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over high flame.
- Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked.
- Let cool.
- Once cooled, coat with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- ½ a cup of cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of whole-grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 4 teaspoons of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of canola oil
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and both peppers in a medium bowl.
- While still whisking slowly drizzle in oil.
- 1 pound of crawfish tail meat
- 4 ounces of diced red onion
- 12 ounces of grilled and sliced andouille sausage
- 1 ounce of chopped Italian parsley
- In a large bowl, combine crawfish meat, sausage, onions and parsley.
- Add cooled drained pasta with vinaigrette.
- Toss well and let chill before serving.
This Crawfish Andouille Macaroni Salad Recipe is a great way to make use of those leftover crawfish tails from this weekend's crawfish boil.