Cold or warm Cajun Crawfish Salad, a full flavored mixture of pasta, veggies and spicy crawfish. Great for a Sunday dinner, family gatherings, and spring picnics. Another of our favorite crawfish tail recipes that uses crawfish tail meat or leftover peeled tails from a crawfish boil. This dish also makes a great side to bring to a Super Bowl party.
Crawfish Salad Ingredients
- 1 lb of Louisiana Crawfish tails
- 1/2 a cup of chopped celery
- 1 (8 oz) package of elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/2 a cup of chopped red onion
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 a cup of chopped bell pepper
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- 1 medium chopped cucumber
- 6 boiled eggs (peeled)
- 1 tbsp Zatarain's liquid Crab Boil
- 1/2 a cup of Hellman's mayonnaise
Crawfish Salad Directions
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Rinse and strain.
- Allow the pasta to cool.
- In a separate pot, place the crawfish and liquid boil in lightly salted water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook crawfish for about 5 minutes.
- Allow crawfish to cool.
- Chop the boiled eggs.
- Peel and cube the cucumbers.
- Mix pasta, crawfish and other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup more or less mayonnaise and mix well.
Being a Cajun, I prefer a more spicy crawfish salad. Be sure to season this dish to your liking. Goes really well with saltine crackers or your cracker of choice. You may chill the crawfish salad before serving, or serve it warm.