Louisiana Crawfish Burger
A Crawfish Burger is similar to a hamburger, but better. Crawfish Hamburgers are not an every day dish in New Orleans, but are definitely a nice break from the norm.
Crawfish Burger Ingredients
- 2 lbs of crawfish tails
- 1 cup of diced bell pepper
- 2 tbsps of diced garlic
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 cups of diced celery
- 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 cups of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 cups of unseasoned flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning to taste
Crawfish Burger Instructions
- Grind the crawfish, onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic in a home style meat grinder.
- Once ground, add the eggs and season to taste using salt and pepper and cajun seasoning blend.
- Add the breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup at a time, to absorb any excess liquid.
- Add the parsley.
- Mold all ingredients into hamburger style patties.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Dust each crawfish patty with flour and saute in skillet until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove, drain well and prepare as you would any hamburger.
Enjoy something different for lent or anytime of year. A Crawfish Burger is another Cajun treat from down da bayou.