Crawfish Stuffing Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
Are you ready to taste the best turkey stuffing recipe ever? This Cajun Crawfish Stuffing will be the best tasting dish on your Thanksgiving table. Yesterday, we shared a recipe for Deep Fried Turkey. This Crawfish Dressing is the perfect compliment for your Cajun fried turkey.
I love Crawfish, and I love dressing, or as some call it “Stuffing”. The best Thanksgiving stuffing, is made outside the turkey and is loaded with creative flavors that keep your mouth watering and wanting more. But be warned, once you serve Crawfish Stuffing for Thanksgiving, you will not be able to go back to basic stuffing or sausage dressing again.
- 1 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds frozen peeled crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning (Slap Ya Mama, Zatarain's Creole Seasoning, or Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Crawfish Stuffing Directions
- Bring water to a boil, in a medium saucepan,.
- Stir in the white rice.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes (until the rice is tender and all of the liquid has been absorbed)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, stir together the ground beef, onion, celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and the garlic.
- Cook until the beef is evenly browned, and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir the cooked rice, crawfish tails, pecans, butter, and green onions into the ground beef mixture.
- Season with Creole seasoning and pepper.
- Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until contents are well blended.
- Transfer all contents to the lightly greased baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the foil covering and continue to bake until the top becomes lightly browned. (generally takes about 5 minutes)
- Garnish with parsley, let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
Crawfish Stuffing - This is one of our favorite recipes. It goes great with fried turkey. A true Cajun combination of ingredients, making for a delicious crawfish dressing. Feel free to stuff the turkey with this dressing while warming it in the oven. Please share your experience with this thanksgiving stuffing recipe.