Cajun Crawfish Salad
This Crawfish Salad Recipe has been passed down for generations in South Louisiana. It has also won many awards at cooking contests across the south. We are sharing it with you, but let's keep it our little secret. This Crawfish Salad is just too good to tell your friends. Similar to Tuna Salad, only better.
Crawfish Salad Ingredients
- 1 pound of chopped Andouille sausage
- 1 ½ pounds of chopped precooked crawfish tails
- ½ a cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ a cup of diced green onion
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 6 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Crawfish Salad Directions
- In a large skillet, cook the Andouille sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove the sausage from the pan, reserving drippings in pan.
- Drain the sausage on some paper towels.
- Add the chopped crawfish tails to the pan drippings,
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- In medium bowl, combine sausage, crawfish, bell pepper, celery, onions, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, mustard, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Whisk until it has a smooth consistency.
- Add to the crawfish mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve on toasted buns.
Crawfish Salad is a perfect use for leftover crawfish from a crawfish boil. This crawfish recipe also goes great with crackers and served as a dip.