Crawfish Fried Rice
Everyone is familiar with shrimp fried rich, but have you ever had Cajun Crawfish Fried Rice? Although it has similarities to the aforementioned dish, this recipe has a taste so unique and flavorful, that it can only be described as truly New Orleans.
Crawfish Fried Rice Ingredients
- 2 Cups of Long Grain Rice
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 of a Cup of Green Onions
- 1/4 of a Cup of Parsley leaves and stems (separate stems from leaves)
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Cups of precooked Crawfish tails without Fat
- 1 Clove Garlic
Crawfish Fried Rice Instructions
- Cook the long grain rice in separate pot.
- In sauce pan saute' onions, bell pepper, garlic and parsley stems in oil until tender and golden brown.
- After all is tender and browned, add washed crawfish, green onions and parsley leaves.
- Saute' for another 5 minutes.
- Mix cooked rice and crawfish mixture together.
- Serve Hot.
This recipe for Cajun Crawfish Fried Rice brings out the flavor of the crawfish. Giving the rice a nice delicate flavor with the sauteed vegetables. Serve this recipe as a side to any New Orleans meal. This is a hardy filling dish that will compliment a nice steak or chicken.